Developed for: Bryce McDermid & MKTGSpace
Taking into account the creative brief provided by Marketing Space, I did extensive research into TeamFund, its competitors, and the target audience identified which lead to following design considerations:
- As an initial campaign and with limited brand elements we approached the aesthetic direction from a brand centric standpoint i.e, we felt it necessary to develop creative that felt like it came from set of brand standards and met the goals of the creative brief.
- The photo decisions were inspired by the mood board. Taking it one step further I deliberately chose images of parents and children engaging and looking at each other. They are happy and the children are looking with admiration at their parents, and the parents at them with pride. The narrative being the campaign was a success, the children are happy, and the parents are the “heroes”. Ultimately these images sell the feeling of empowerment, support, and achievement we want the viewers to desire in order to buy in to choosing and trusting Team Fund.
- The graphic elements are used to “embrace” the subjects of the photos. The idea being Team Fund will embrace your campaign and help you achieve your goals. The color bands are the brand colors of Team Fund and are used to creative high contrast visual excitement in placement as well as work to build brand awareness and cohesion.
- While text was not necessary we felt it was important to balance the Google images. The tag line “Raise more money in less time.” was taken from Team Fund’s website and will reinforce the ad copy at first glance. The addition of “money” helps to better connect the concept to those viewing at a glance or skimming the page.
- The type face we chose was not Team Fund’s logo type but rather a Google font that speaks to the target audience. It was deliberately chosen because of its playful and engaging qualities.
- Taking inspiration from Team Fund’s website we used a subtle dot texture to echo some imagery they currently use and which ties each piece together.
Results: While I did not have direct access to the analytics on this account it was conveyed that not only was TeamFund very happy with the work but the ads performed to meet their goals when deployed.